Monday, April 14, 2008

I'll Bet You all Missed It!

Look who turned eleventy one last Friday. I remember going on the Round up with Old Nellie and Grandpa when I was about 6 years old. The Cowboys introduced me to MJB Postum and I remember how good it tasted. To this day I have not been able to find it in the Store.
Grandpa had some struggles, but I think he was a good example to us all. There were many times he could have snitched a calf or two from his neighbors, but he never did. He was a lot of fun to be around. He loved his horses. I remember some of the many evenings spent in the shade of the houses in Stone and fun we had in the front yard with Grandpa and Grandma, Mom and Dad and all of us.......good times!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow I had no idea that my Mackguire shared a birthday with his Great, Great Grandpa. Thanks for posting it. Now I have something wonderful to share with my son!

Annie said...

Oops hope this is the right one.

I remembered Grandpa's birthday was April 11th and I thought about it that day. I just was not sure how old he would be.

Thanks Matt